To foster the interoperability and exchange of geoscience information, by active community leadership, collaboration, education, and the development and promotion of geoscience information standards and best practice.
- that geoscience information can be exchanged, understood, and used without limitation,
- that geoscience information can be readily integrated with standards-based information from other knowledge domains,
- that geoscience information is semantically rich and structured to enable seamless interaction in all environments,
- that global education about the management, modelling, exchange, and use of geoscience information enables its best possible application,
- for the benefit of all society.