Election of Council 2020 - 2024
The Council was elected in 2020 for the term 2020-2024. The newly elected Council members are widely distributed across many of the continents.
The planned annual face to face Council meeting in Delhi, India at the 36th IGC was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. CGI Council thus held two online meetings on Oct. 7 and Nov. 12, 2020 to elect the new Council and to manage progress. New CGI Council Chair Harvey Thorleifson thanked outgoing CGI Council members François Robida, Ollie Raymond and Jouni Vuollo for their dedication and contributions to CGI in his remarks.
The CGI Council members are:
- Harvey Thorleifson (Chair) – USA
- Zhang Minghua (Co-Secretary General) – China
- Kombada Mhopjeni (Co-Secretary General) – Namibia
- Mark Rattenbury (Treasurer) – New Zealand
- Kazuhiro Miyazaki – Japan
- Éric Boisvert – Canada
- Christelle Loiselet – France
- Edward Lewis – UK
- Ollie Raymond (Observer) – Australia
- David Percy (Observer) – USA
- François Robida (former Chair) – France